By Tracey //
In Careers //
We are currently seeking a full time Legal Administrative Assistant with experience in insurance defence to join our team. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including health and dental plan and Employee Assistance Program (EAP). At Lindsay LLP, we recognize the importance of maintaining a positive work life balance.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited Legal Administrative Assistant program
- 1 to 5 years of experience in ICBC defence or general insurance defence practice
- Solid understanding of civil litigation procedures
- Proficient with Word, Outlook, and E-filing of court documents
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including composing, editing and proofreading
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to handle a busy practice and multitask
- Ability to exercise sound judgement, discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a legal team
- Knowledge of Worldox Document Management System is an asset
- Schedule mediations, independent medical examinations, appointments and maintain electronic calendars
- Organize files, document binders, and other file related materials on an ongoing basis
- Draft correspondence and attend to court filings
- Work with a Trial Coordinator to schedule examination for discoveries and trials
- Maintain BF and limitation systems in accordance with the firm’s policy and practice.
Please forward your cover letter, résumé, and salary expectations in confidence to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted.