By Tracey //
In Careers //
We are currently seeking a full time certified Paralegal with a minimum of 3 years solid work experience to join our team. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including health and dental plan, Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and a matching RRSP Program after 1 year of employment with the firm.
Applicants to the position must have the following:
- Experience in property claims, subrogation, and construction litigation is preferred
- Experience with Summation or other document management software is an asset
- Solid understanding of legal procedures and documentation
- Excellent spoken English, composition, spelling, grammar, and editing skills
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Able to multitask, organize large litigation files, obtain background/factual information and perform legal research
Duties for this position include the following:
- Prioritize work and meet tight deadlines
- Interview fact and expert witnesses and summarize their evidence
- Assist with the preparation for trial
- Draft a variety of court documents such as a Response to Civil Claim, Bill of Costs, Third Party Notices, Notices of Application, Affidavits, Lists of Documents, and Mediation Summaries
Please forward your cover letter, résumé, and references in confidence to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted.